Do you have youth in your group that are ready for digging deeper into Scripture?
Is it a challenge to plan a Bible study that fits into your already-full youth ministry calendar?
Do you have members of your youth ministry that would participate if only they had a transportation available?
Or would you like to connect with another youth ministry for deeper community and Bible study?
Cue the hero music! Your solution for an in-depth online Bible study for youth has arrived – Youth Disciple Online. It’s the Disciple Bible Study we already know with additional youth-friendly features and social media aspects. No paper workbooks required – and the scripture readings are just a click away.
Maybe you’re a little skeptical? Wondering how it’s possible to build genuine community online? The thing is, youth are not wondering about it – they are already experiencing online community. It’s a perfectly natural for youth. Meet your youth where they are and talk about things that really matter.
It is not too late to get started. In fact, if you want to lead an online Bible study, it’s easier than you’d expect to begin. The online facilitator training class is easy to follow and teaches you everything you need to know to lead a course. Here’s what you need to do:
- Get Youth — Start thinking about high school students who want to grow in their faith.
- Get Flexible — This 32-week small group study of the Bible doesn’t need a scheduled time or place. Spread the weeks out over the year as needed. The first groups will begin in August 2012, but after that groups may begin during any month of the year. Your group will have access to the online materials for one year from the date your YDO group begins.
- Get Convenient — No manual to buy or papers to handle. Everything for daily reading and discussion is all easy to find in your own password protected group. The course site is built to lead your group through the weeks. All you have to do is facilitate the group.
- Get Connected — Youth may participate from anywhere; your church, community, around the country or the world. Groups may be limited to inside the church or youth group membership, within a conference, within a state, etc.
- Get Global — Your youth may choose to interact with other youth around the world through a variety of YDO social networking sites.
- Get Trained — Online YDO facilitator trainings classes are available now. The cost for the training and online manual will be $50; but facilitators do not pay the $35 fee (for the online manual) when they facilitate future groups. Click here for more information or to enroll.
- Get Excited — Sign up now to be in the BeADisciple.com network so you’ll receive updates about YDO as they become available.