H2B Visa – Becomes a Seasonal Worker

h2b visa

The H-2B Visa nonresident visa program allows employers to hire qualified foreign workers to come to the United States on a visa, work legally in the United States under the authority of the Visa, and then return home again. While many people believe that this is a good way for employers to find cheap labor, there are some drawbacks to the H-2B Visa as well. First, the nonimmigrant status can make it difficult for some nonimmigrants to have health care coverage while they are eligible for residency in the United States. This is because the immigrant cannot receive health care coverage for a specific period of time while their status is in an alien nation and not yet a United States citizen.

More info- https://blog.vanhack.com/blog/your-ultimate-guide-to-getting-an-h-2b-visa/


Often times, some large corporations hire hundreds of immigrants on H-2B’s every year, however, many of these workers are not even United States citizens. This is because many businesses hire nonimmigrants through the employment-based visitor visa programs, which allow spouses, family members, foreign students, nanny and other authorized visitors from foreign countries to work in the United States for a limited period of time. This is part of the program for high-tech workers. To be eligible for the visitor visa, an applicant must meet some very specific requirements including: having been a residence of the United States for at least three months; earning a bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited U.S. college or university; being a citizen of the United States or a permanent resident alien for at least three months; have no criminal record that would bar them from obtaining a visa; and have the capability to speak, read, write, and use computer effectively in English.


In order to find out if a prospective worker may be eligible for either the seasonal or the non-immigrant visa programs, the prospective worker must fill out an application that will be forwarded to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) by the foreign worker. The forms for this application can be obtained from the local USCIS office, via phone, on the Internet, or in person at the nearest U.S. consulate. Once the forms are completed and submitted, the applicant can begin to wait to receive their visa approval. Once the application has been approved, the worker can now begin the process of obtaining work authorization from their designated employer.

Leave a Comment